2 May 2011

cladonia foliacea endiviifolia

Long time no see ... oh my, I'm confused.

I have moved my (regular) blog back in February, and had been posting my dyeing results there, but I've noticed that there are still people coming from here (this blog) to the (new) regular blog, so I thought I'd keep on posting here too.

This dyeing was made by mid February 2011

I know you usually don't hot dye with lichen, but rather with ammonia, but there is NO way we can do it here, in an apartment, with no garden or garage. So hot dyeing experiment it was. We mordanted the materials with alum.

This lichen grows quite abundantly in our local wild areas. We didn't pick a whole lot, anyway. We know lichen takes a lot of time for growing, and that animals eat them, so we were really reasonable.

cladonia foliacea endiviifolia


cladonia foliacea endiviifolia



cladonia foliacea endiviifolia - dyebath



cladonia foliacea endiviifolia hot dyeing - results



cladonia foliacea endiviifolia hot dyeing - results



cladonia foliacea endiviifolia hot dyeing - results



cladonia foliacea endiviifolia hot dyeing - results

2 comments:

  1. i love the subtle nature of this dye

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother suggested I would possibly like this blog.

    He used to be totally right. This submit truly made my day.
    You cann't believe just how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

    Here is my web page :: coffee houses

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking time to leave a word or two, I would love to know what you think ! :)