This time, we used the tops, and parts of the stems. Almost all plant actually. We had mordanted our (organic cotton) tee shirts with alum. I used rubber bands for P's Tshirt & mine, and also marbles, for U's Tshirt. Chris got another Tshirt dyed with another plant. (coming soon)
This was in the dye pot ...
And this is my Tshirt, right out of the pot ... folded, then unfolded
And these are the three Tshirts, dry & ironed. Mine, P's & then U's.
The last photos don't do justice. The yellow isn't really bright but it's still a nice one. Still very sunny, but it doesn't look so on these last photos.
I'm looking forward to tie dyeing with other clothes & other plants ! It's exciting !