I used 2 of the 3 dyebaths : avocadoe skins, and alder cones, both exhausted. I mordanted lots of bits & bobs yesterday afternoon, and I had other several small pieces to dye, so I ended my Sunday dyeing with avocadoe skins dyebath, and I started my new week dyeing with alder cones dyebath. It made me so happy, it was kind of silly ! Since I knew it wouldn't give much color (since they were exhausted & since I used almost exclusively cotton fibers, which don't take well), I decided to use rusted bits & pieces that I've been collecting here & there.
I let the avocadoe skin bath soak overnight, with the rusted bits in the jar, it's been rinced, and is now almost dry. The alder dybath is still soaking. The avocado + iron (rusted bits) gave a greyish pale pinkish hue. (kind of hard to describe), and the alder promise to be more interesting. I hope I'll get to pick some alder cones before they are all gone (maybe they already are ...), it seems to be a good source of color, and the material can be stocked easily (cones won't rot or something, they're already dry !)
avocadoe skins dyed (exhausted dyebath + iron), drying
alder cones dyeing (exhausted dyebath + iron), soaking
I am really looking forward to rincing this one, letting it dry & see what it gave. In the meantime, I really shall work with what I have already, which is a lot.
All in all, I was very satisfied to be decluttering my fridge & to be dyeing again ! Here's to a satisfying start to the week !! :) Thanks for reading & stopping by !