achillea millefolium (hot dyeing)

Another plant I never got to dye with until this summer ! Mostly because it doesn't grow in our warm climate (I'm in southern France), but I picked it at (now what used to be) my parents' summer house. (well, around, that is, not in the garden !) I'm talking about achillea millefolium, aslo known as common yarrow.

common yarrow

common yarrow

summer dyeings

summer dyeings

Really nice colors, specially on wool, linen & the tie-dyed waffle cotton. (which seems to be taking the dyes well, at each dyeing, that must be the weave) Proud and honored I could use this plant for one of my dyeings !

On a side note, I'm slowly but surely building stock for the next shop update, which should happen last week of August or first week of September.

If you want to be updated with the shop news, follow me on Twitter or on Facebook ! Thank you !

Comments

  1. Beautiful colour on the wool!

    I am slowly getting back into the swing of my own natural dying practice. Pleased to find you blogging away on the subject :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see Yarrow used as a dye! As a herbalist, it's one of my very favourite plants - amazing healing properties - yet I'd never seen it used as a dye until now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have it in Romania all over and it is used here mainly as a currant tea, to treat stomach (internally) or skin (externally) problems. Funny is the popular name of it - "coada soricelului", meaning "the little mouse's tail". Nice color!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time to leave a word or two, I would love to know what you think ! :)