c e n t a u r e a * c y a n u s

two weeks ago, hubby & I discovered a place, 5 mn by foot from the heart of the city we live in (Montpellier, France), along a frequented road, where we supposed a mix of wildflowers (well, not so wild anymore, I say !) had been sowed. There were cornflowers & poppies mostly. I have fond memories of picking very few cornflowers in wheat fields, on the heights of the little town we used to live with hubby in 2000-2003. I remember being very pregnant (with son #1) & asking hubby to pick me some :) These were really wild !

ok, shortly after I had to idea to pick some (there were really maaaaaaaany of them, the handfuls of them that we picked was totally invisible & harmless) & try to dye with them. But, first, I needed to have a little fun with the flowers & the petals, so please let me share (unless you already saw this on my blog or Flickr, last week ... then, sorry)

centaurea cyanus heart

silk & centaurea cyanus

may your cup overflow with magic

may your cup overflow with magic

may your cup overflow with magic

yes, I really had a lot of (harmless) fun ! :)

ok, so back to the dye ...

dyeing with plants // centaurea cyanus

I asked my little ones to take the petals off the flowers ...

i had little helpers too

dyeing with plants // centaurea cyanus

I had mordanted a piece of solk, silk yarn, a bit of cotton crochet lace & a piece of linen with alum.

dyeing with plants // centaurea cyanus

dyeing with plants // centaurea cyanus

dyeing with plants // centaurea cyanus

dyeing with plants // centaurea cyanus // results

as you can see, the result is rather weak, and really hard to describe. It's like a very pale greenish-yellowish-greyish something. And hard to capture on a photo, too.

oh well, nevermind. I'll try something new with them soon enough ... :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time to leave a word or two, I would love to know what you think ! :)